AccPbFRET is an ImageJ plugin which calculates FRET (fluorescence resonance energy transfer) efficiencies
pixel-by-pixel based on images taken by this microscopy technique. It
allows the user to correct for the donor photobleaching, acceptor
cross-talk, acceptor photoproduct and partial acceptor photobleaching
effects. Furthermore, automatic registration and semi-automatic
analysis of large image sets is also provided in this software tool.
If you are using the plugin, please cite the following paper, in which the program and the analysis are described:
Roszik J, Szollosi J, Vereb G: AccPbFRET: an ImageJ plugin for semi-automatic, fully corrected analysis of acceptor photobleaching FRET images BMC Bioinformatics 2008, 9:346
(It can be downloaded from the homepage of BMC Bioinformatics at BioMed Central.)
Prospective users should read this paper before running the program.
- You can download and use the program for your data analysis freely.
- You may modify the program for your own personal usage.
Download (version 3.16, 24 May 2010):
- AccPbFRET_Plugin.java (Java source code)
- a computer that runs ImageJ 1.42k (with Java 1.6.0_05) /other versions of 1.42 or higher should also work, but have not been tested with this version/
(Version 1.42k ij.jar can be downloaded from here.)
- screen resolution 1280 x 900 or higher (Java window elements can have different size on different platforms/computers. If you cannot see the buttons correctly, please try to increase the window width/height.)
Download example images: (cell line: SK-BR-3, donor: Alexa-555-Herceptin, acceptor: Cy5-2C4)
- Download AccPbFRET_Plugin.java to IMAGEJ_HOME_DIRECTORY \ plugins
- select the menu "Plugins" in ImageJ and choose "Compile and Run..."
- select AccPbFRET_Plugin.java and click "Open"
The program works with single tiff images, and can handle lsm image stacks as well.
For live cell imaging, we recommend our other FRET plugin RiFRET.